What is Cyber and Privacy Insurance?
Cyber and privacy insurance covers your expenses and liability for a data breach that includes sensitive customer information. We offer cyber insurance in Las Vegas and throughout the west. This could include things like Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, account numbers, driver’s license numbers and even medical records.
Why doesn’t my general liability insurance cover liability arising out of a cyber incident?
General liability insurance covers bodily injuries and damage to property that is a result of your products, services, or operations. Be sure to check your policy because cyber insurance is usually not included in your general liability policy.
What does it insurance cover?
- Legal fees and expenses
- Restoring personal identities of affected customers
- Notifying customers about a data breach
- Repairing damaged computer systems
- Recovering compromised data
We work with the top carriers in the country to be sure your needs are met.
Like any insurance type for your business, cyber insurance coverage varies by insurer and policy. Cyber insurance in Las Vegas is affordable!
A buyers checklist for comparing cyber and privacy insurance policies:
- What are the deductibles? Be sure to compare deductibles closely among insurers.
- Is the insurer a specialist in cyber and privacy coverage? Or is the coverage simply an extension of an existing policy? In most cases, a stand-alone policy is best and more comprehensive. Also, find out if the policy is customizable to an organization.
- How do coverage and limits apply to both first and third parties? For example, does the policy cover third-party service providers? Also find out if your service providers have cyber insurance and how it affects your agreement.
- Does the policy cover any attack to which an organization falls victim or only targeted attacks against that organization in particular?
- Does the policy cover non-malicious actions taken by an employee?
- Does the policy cover social engineering as well as network attacks? Social engineering plays a role in all kinds of attacks, including phishing, spear phishing, and advanced persistent threats (APTs).
- Because APTs take place over time, which can be months to years, does the policy include time frames within which coverage applies?
If you’re interested in cyber insurance coverage for your business, please give our office a call or visit our quotes page today.